HD 500 Digital Hearing Aid
Is the HD 500 Digital Hearing Aid right for you?
- Straight-forward to fit in the ear
- Thin design allows for more natural airflow into the ear canal compared to most other in-the-ear devices
- Programmable to your audiogram & free fine-tuning for the life of the product
- 4 volume levels accessed Air-Touch
- 30 day money back return if not suitable
- 12 month warranty
- Changing the concha lock and wax guard can be fiddly
- Moisture/wax build up in the ear canal can damage the components
- Smallest hearing aid battery used - life per battery about 4-5 days
- Less overall amplification available compared to our other hearing aids.
Here's answers to the frequently asked questions about the HD 500 Digital Hearing Aid
The design of the HD500 is extremely thin and will fit into the vast majority of adult ear canals. A possible issue may be found with the outer edge - it may stick out of the ear canal more than you would like. But that’s why our 30 day return period allows for a trial in your own ear, in the comfort of your own home.
If anything about the physical fitting or sound is not to your liking, you can return the HD500 for a full refund within the first 30 days of receipt. Please do contact us to see if another product may be better suited, and a further 30 day trial with another product can be arranged.
If an evaluation by a hearing professional indicates that you have hearing loss in both ears, and especially where the degree of loss is similar, two hearing aids are usually recommended.
While it may be tempting to try to limit the cost by going with a single hearing aid, wearing just one hearing aid may not give you maximum benefit in some difficult listening situations.
If you have a copy of a hearing test available you can send it to us and we can confirm if the HD500 can cover your hearing loss. If you order a HD500 without providing a hearing test result, you will be trying out its standard settings, which cater for mild to moderate, mainly high frequency hearing loss.
Free fine tuning is also available for the life of the product if needed.
The following items will need to be replaced on the HD500:
- Battery: budget 6 batteries per month (6 batteries in a pack)
- Wax guard: varies greatly person to person - average change once every 4 weeks (15 Wax guards in a pack)
- Concha lock: recommendation to change every 6 months
No on/off switch, just insert battery, close / open battery door
There is no physical push button on the HD500. The 4 volume settings are changed via the Air-Touch pressure-change method. The HD500 will always start up in setting 1. Using a cupped hand, double tap against the ear wearing the HD500. You will hear 2 beeps to indicate setting 2 is now active. Double tap again for setting 3 (3 beeps) and again for setting 4 - the loudest option. To have this further adjusted, we can do a free fine tuning for you.