Where to buy hearing aid batteries
At Hearing Direct, you can browse high-quality batteries from leading manufacturers. We deliver straight to your door and have a 30-day money-back guarantee if you're not happy.
Using high-quality batteries is crucial for the maximum performance of your hearing aid regardless of its model. The best ones are those that offer a balance of premium quality and price including brands such as:
Which batteries are the best for my hearing aids?Batteries that are used for hearing aids come mainly in four sizes for the different devices. Most companies have unified the names and the colors according to the hearing aid batteries color index, so regardless of the brand if you know either the number or the right color for your hearing aid you can never buy a wrong battery type. The four sizes are:
- Size 13 Batteries (orange tab)
- Size 312 Batteries (brown tab)
- Size 10 Batteries (yellow tab)
- Size 675 Batteries (blue tab)
How long do hearing aid batteries last?
Depending on the type and model, the total hours it is turned on and the amplification level, batteries can last from a week to a few months. If you are not sure what brand is right for you, try batteries from different manufacturers to help evaluate which suits you and your specific hearing aid use best.
See our blog post "How long do hearing aid batteries last".
How to make your batteries last longerProviding your hearing aid with good batteries is the first step in guaranteeing that you will get the most benefit from your hearing device. You should also consider taking care of your batteries so you can prolong their life and performance. Hearing Aid Batteries are mainly “Zinc Air”, i.e. the battery is activated when the zinc in it reacts with the air. This type of technology allows it to accumulate large amounts of energy. You will need fewer battery replacements and you will enjoy the clearer sound. In order to minimize battery depletion before it is put in the hearing aid, each battery is sealed with a tab and only after its removal does the battery become active. However, you cannot preserve it if you put the seal back. That is why it is best to remove the tab when you need to use the battery. In addition, be careful not to mix old and new batteries or keep them among metal objects, because this may result in a foreshortened battery life. Another reason to take good care of your batteries, besides prolonging their life, is to protect your hearing aid from damage.
- Always store your batteries at room temperature and do not expose them to extreme heat or cold.
- Replace them after you sense that amplification has become diminished or the sound is distorted. Continued use of drained batteries may damage your hearing aid.
- Minimize battery depletion by opening the battery door and leaving it to dry overnight.
- Always replace batteries with clean hands as any dirt on them may harm your hearing device.
About Hearing Direct
We are one of the world's leading hearing aid specialists. Hearing Direct offers a wide range of affordable products, as well as information resources to help improve the quality of life for the hard of hearing. We sell:
- Hearing aids,
- Hearing Aid Accessories such as earplugs,
- and amplified devices such as super loud alarm clocks and amplified phones.