Phonak is one of the leading manufacturers of hearing aids, at HearingDirect.com you'll find all the accessories you need to help you keep your Phonak device running smoothly.
Why should I clean my hearing aid?
Even the highest tech device needs proper and regular care and maintenance in order to perform at its maximum capacity over time. If you want to keep your Phonak hearing aid in good condition, it is advisable to follow a few simple tips that will prolong its life.
- Try to eliminate the impact of moisture by keeping the device away from water, maintaining good ear hygiene and using a professional drying kit.
- Use only special care products that have been specifically designed for this purpose when cleaning your hearing aid
- Seek professional help if you feel discomfort or pain, or experience trouble hearing when inserting/removing the device
- The device needs to be securely and correctly fitted in order to prevent it from slipping off the ear
- If the device needs to be repaired, use the services of a professional
- It is a good practice to take the device to your audiologist or hearing aid specialist for regular check-ups
How can Hearing Direct help?
It is very important to remove the earwax that builds up with time and eventually blocks important parts of the device such as the earmold, microphone or sound tube.
- We have Phonak cleaning kits for both Behind the ear and In Ear hearing aids. They contain all the tools you need to keep your hearing aid in good condition.
- The Phonak Wind and Weather Protectors for Behind The Ear Hearing Aids are useful microphone filters that help protect the hearing aid from skin debris, dust particles and humidity.
- Phonak C Stop Wax Guards or the Phonak SmartGuard Wax Protector help to protect In Ear hearing aids from wax.
- In order to keep the device functioning to its maximum capacity, it is also necessary to replace some of the parts from time to time such as the domes and tubes. On our website, you can purchase Phonak SlimTubes, which are suitable for behind the ear hearing aids from the Ambra, Solana and Cassia range or Phonak Micro Tubes, which could be used with devices from the Savia, Milo Mitro, SaviaArt, Certena, Eleva, Versata, Exelia, ExeliaArt or Extra ranges. However, in addition, it is usually necessary to buy a relevant dome, because both parts require regular replacement every couple of months. Phonak Power Domes are suitable for behind the ear hearing aids from the ranges Savia, SaviaArt, Milo Mitro, Certena, Eleva, Versata, Exelia, ExeliaArt, Extra, Ambra, Solana and Cassia.
About Hearing DirectWe are one of the world's leading hearing aid specialists, offering a wide range of affordable products, as well as information resources to help improve the quality of life for the hard of hearing. We sell:
- Hearing aids,
- Hearing aid batteries,
- Hearing aid accessories such as earplugs,
- and amplified devices such as super loud alarm clocks and amplified phones.