To get the best out of your hearing aids and to make them last for the longest possible time they should be stored properly. No matter the brand, style or how much you have paid for your aid, all hearing aids are at risk from various types of damage, which can easily occur if they’re improperly stored.
5 Reasons to Use a Storage Case:
- Dirt: Whether in use or not hearing aids get dirty and dirt breeds germs. A good quality storage case will neutralise bacteria as part of it’s storage.
- Moisture: The steady build up of moisture and earwax can ultimately stop your hearing aids from working correctly. It is therefore important to store your device properly when you are not using it. Hearing aid dehumidifiers help prevent the build-up of moisture thereby protecting the internal components of the aid.
- Pets: Some hearing aids can make a high frequency noise when left with their battery in. This is believed to be a reason why some pets, especially cats, have a tendency to play with and chew on hearing aids.
- Children: Be sure to keep hearing aids away from young children, as parts can be broken, lost or swallowed.
- Extreme Heat or Cold: A protective case will help to avoid exposing your aids to heat or extreme cold.
Hearing Aid Storage CasesKeep your hearing aids safe and dry with our range of Dehumidifiers, Storage cases and Dry Boxes that are suitable for all types of hearing aid.
- Cedis Drying Capsules and Pot Kit for Hearing Aids: Place an opened capsule and your hearing aid into the drying container and leave for up to eight hours when you are not using your hearing aids. Remove batteries first.
- Phonak CC line Drying Beaker and Drying Capsules Kit: A simple and affordable way to remove moisture from your hearing aids. Place your hearing aid (without batteries) into the insert and leave to dry.
Further reading:Our blog is home to valuable resources. We offer top tips, advice, guides, and reviews to help you answer any hearing related questions you may have. We think you may be interested in:
- Keeping moisture at bay
- 5 tips for keeping your hearing aid safe in cold weather
- How to extend the life of a hearing aid
- Get the best from your hearing aid
About Hearing DirectWe are one of the world's leading hearing aid specialists. HearingDirect offers a wide range of affordable products, and information resources to help improve the quality of life for the hard of hearing. We sell:
- Hearing aids,
- Accessories such as earplugs,
- and amplified devices such as super loud alarm clocks and amplified phones.